Social and Emotional Well being
- Many children throughout their time in school need extra support for their emotional and social development. This may occur as a result of a child’s SEN or as a result of circumstances outside of the school environment.
- Intensive support is always planned on an individual basis and we work closely with parents/carers and other professionals to offer the most appropriate pastoral support.
- We have trained staff to deliver pastoral support and we deliver programmes such as Rainbows, Kidskills and Playbuddies.
- The SENCo is a trained ‘Mindfulness’ Instructor and works closely with groups of children across KS2 to deliver the ‘Paws B’ 12 week programme.
- We take all concerns regarding bullying seriously. Regular assemblies help children to understand what ‘bullying’ is and to ensure all children are aware that St Monica’s is a ‘telling school’. The earlier we know about a problem then the sooner it can be resolved.