Search M
Can't find what you're looking for?
Translate N
Translate / Traduire / Übersetzen / Tłumaczyć / Išversti / Tulkot / Traducir
School Logo

St Monica's Catholic

Primary School

Success for All within a Christ Centred Community

Get in touch

Contact Details

Success for All within a Christ Centred Community

Who should I see if I'm concerned about my child's progress?

  • In the first instance you should discuss any concerns you have with your child’s class teacher. Your child’s class teacher will take your concerns seriously and as part of normal class work will differentiate the curriculum and make reasonable adjustments to help your child.
  • If your child has not made the expected progress with these adjustments then a meeting will be arranged with yourself, the class teacher and the school’s SENCo (Mrs A McNeill). Your child will also be involved in some of these discussions in order to involve them fully in their learning. Targets and plans to achieve them will be agreed and a date to review the progress made will be set .
  • Some children may need more complex arrangements and in that case the Headteacher, Mr P Kinsella, will be involved in the discussions about the provision we can make for your child’s learning and developmental needs.
  • Your child’s provision may require a higher level of support and/or specialized programmes that the school may not be able to resource on its own.  In these circumstances the school may be able to apply for ‘top-up’ funding from the local authority.
  • For some children an Educational Health Care plan may be appropriate.  This can be requested by the school or parent/carer.  Many professionals would be involved in an EHC.
  • If, despite our best endeavours, you are not happy with the provision we are able to make for your child then your concerns should be directed in writing to: Mrs Shirley Bridson, Chair of Governors, at the school address.
  • Sefton Local Authority also has procedures for handling complaints. These should be directed to: